Monday, September 8, 2008

Well, dodged a couple of bullets

Well, since Faye turned north and Ike went south, we dodged a couple of serious bullets. We're not done with the season until Dec 1st, but so far things are pretty calm. Brenda and I were ready for the most part, and had no plans to evacuate.

On another note, in July, we let another couple of people go from our group. All of my interns are now gone, so I have only 1 person reporting to me now. We also lost two people from the Solstice team, but that project is now 45 days from delivery - so while I can kinda see why, it still makes no sense to me.

On a positive note, we are at our current projected head-count for EOY 2009, so unless shit really hits the fan, we're safe from any additional cuts.

That's all for now

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey buddy. glad to see you and brenda have dodged the first two bullets of the season. Congrats on the marriage. Julie and I are very happy and excited for you. drop me a line, justin1701d@hotmail.com