Friday, October 19, 2007

Well....the bad news is done

Well...the last month has been absolute hell....we were planning to layoff 11 people in our department and I got involved in the process. I'm still there and I have a heaping helping of new responsibilities added to what I'm already doing.

The worst part is that my boss got the axe...and I didn't know until it was too late to warn him about it. all in all, it was done ok, not well, and I ended up being at the office for 11+ hours, trying to pick up the pieces, shut down holes, and basically think of anything else that could go wrong.

I'm going to be having someone report to me....so it looks like I may be moving up a little...only time will tell.

So time to drink until I can't feel anything and rest and recouperate the rest of the weekend.

No comments: